Have you ever struggled with your photography and why you can’t take great photos! You think you have a good grasp of your camera settings!
I think most of us have struggled with the art of composition and to tell the story of your images; trust me, I have been there.
To achieve the ultimate results; walk around with your mobile phone and shoot different compositions; shoot low, high vertical or horizontal and see what composition works best to tells the best story of your image.
Things to consider before shooting;
- what is your goal of your image or images;
- What story you want to tell with the images;
- Research and prepare your photography outing; what kind of photos you want to take, the best time, the equipment and specific knowledge you need to have for various scenarios;
- Light direction, weather forecast, best time of the time to photograph the area you want to photograph;
- Research what other photos were taken from the area;
- Finds apps that can help you in your decision making I.e Alpenglow, Ventusky, Magic Hour, PhotoPills;
- Don’t wait for the perfect conditions to go out photographing.
The bottom line, preparation is essential to take great photos.