Checklist before you go out photographing:
***** DO NOT PACK YOUR GEAR AT THE LAST MINUTE****
- Fresh battery and formatted memory card already inserted into the camera.
- Bring freshly charged batteries
- Lenses for what you are photographing; wide-angle lens, mid-range lens, and zoom lens. If you have a prime lens, bring it and experiment.
- Head Lamp
- Lens cleaning cloth – you can buy them at Dollarama. You don’t need to buy the expense cleaning cloth.
- Remote if you are doing long exposure, or you can use the timer on your camera
- Camera rain cover - keeps out rain and dust. I use shower caps from the hotels .
- Bring clothing for the unexpected weather change. I always carry rain pants and a rain jacket in my camera bag.
- Bear Spray
- Bear Bangers
- Wear waterproof boots
- Think about getting waterproof gaiters
- Beanie hat – I use a Nike Dryfit because it’s light
- Light snacks that can stay in your bag and have a long shelf life.
- Bring water
The main thing, be safe, do put yourself in danger’s way, have fun and take great photos .